ModernApps Learning VMware Certified Professional - Application Modernization Study Guide
Please Contribute to this guide! This guide is provided freely as a comunity effort, and it depends on each of you to help make this the best resource possible. If you find any good resources not listed here while studying for the exam, or if you take the exam - please use the edit this page link to share your experience and insights with the community!
Disclaimer: This guide is a community effort to provide information related to the VCP-AM exam. This document do not provide any assurance or warranty that it can successfully prepare users to pass the VCP-AM Exam. This document is not officially reviewed or endorsed by VMware Education Services.
About the VMware Certified Professional - Application Modernization - Exam Number 2V0-71.21
The VCP-AM certification validates a candidate’s expertise with VMware Tanzu Standard Edition including vSphere with Tanzu, Tanzu Kubernetes Grid and Tanzu Mission Control. This certification also demonstrates fundamental cloud native skills including containerization, Kubernetes, and application modernization.
The VCP-AM is a 55 question exam, which must be completed within 130 minutes.
Preparing for the VCP-AM Exam
Before scheduling the exam, candidates are required to complete one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere with Tanzu: Deploy and Manage V7
- VMware vSphere with Tanzu: Deploy and Manage V7 - On Demand
- VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid: Install, Configure, Manage V1.0
- VMware Tanzu Mission Control: Management and Operations 2020
- Kubernetes Foundations
- VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid: Install, Configure, Manage V1.3
Important: Because this exam covers multiple products, none of the required courses covers all exam topics, and candidates will need to thoroughly review the official exam study guide to ensure adequate preparation for all exam topics.
Each of the courses listed above provide coverage of the exam topics related to the product covered in the course. Candidates should plan for additional study of the exam topics that are not included in the course(s) a user may choose to take. If a candidate were to take all of the above listed courses, they should provide complete coverage of all exam topics; However only one official course is required and many candidates prefer to take one course and self-study to gain adequate knowledge of all exam topics.
The following sections contain links to official certification materials, as well as additional courses and resources that provide additional information about the exam topic.
Review Official Exam Resources
The links below are for official resources from VMware Education Services about the VCP-AM. It is recommended that you review each item thoroughly in preparation for the exam:
- VCP-AM Exam Homepage and FAQ’s
- Exam Information PDF
- Exam Details Page
- Official Exam Study Guide - Includes list of all exam topics
Additional Resources to Help Prepare
We have received feedback from community members that several ModernApps Learning and KubeAcademy Courses are very helpful in preparing for the exam. Each free ModernApps Learning course also provides a verified digital badge to participants who complete all course requirements.
In addition to courses, there are several other learning resources that are helpful in preparing for the exam listed below.
Please note that these resources are not designed specifically for VCP-AM, and may not cover all exam topics, so while they may be very helpful for exam preparation, candidates should be sure to fully review all exam topics in the official exam study guide and do additional study to ensure you have thoroughly reviewed all exam topics.
- Getting Started with Kubernetes
- Interactive Introduction to Containers and Kubernetes
- Introduction to the VMware Tanzu Portfolio
- VMware Tanzu Standard 101
- vSphere with Tanzu 101
- vSphere with Tanzu 201
Recommended Labs and Learning Resources
- These VMware Hands-on-labs provide hands-on exercises for each of the products featured in the VCP-AM including Tanzu Kubernetes Grid, vSphere with Tanzu, and Tanzu Mission Control.
- Please see the Hands-on-labs Application Modernization catalog to find the latest labs available for the Tanzu Portfolio.
- VMware Pathfinder provides several free learning paths which include hands-on-lab activities for the Tanzu Portfolio.
- VMware Tanzu Developer Center provides a large number of learning guides, interactive workshops and other educational resources for cloud native technologies and the Tanzu Portfolio
Community Resources, Tips, and Testimonials
If anyone studying for the VCP-AM Exam has any tips, recommended resources or testimonials, the community is incredibly grateful if you can please share your recomendations.